Friday, July 24, 2015

Letter to my friend, my Mother, MaryAnn Bonnett.

Mom,

I’m writing to ask how you’re doing and to let you know that I'm alright now. It’s been a while and I miss you very much. I know everything is awesome where you are. I know it’s everything you believed it would be and more. Sometimes I wish I could be there with you, but there are people who need me here and I need them too. Perhaps I’ll catch up to you when I’m no longer needed in this dimension.

I’ve been doing some traveling to see that there is more to the world than all I know. I left Louisiana and am now in Charlotte, NC. You would have liked Charlotte. It’s a very progressive city, in terms of arts and culture.

I’m doing pretty good overall, considering my current situation and circumstances. I’m meeting a lot of new and interesting people. Many are helping where they are able.

I joined the YMCA and have been exercising on a fairly regular basis. Walking mostly, but it’s a start. I think I’m going to try my hand at racquetball to see if I like it. I'm sure I will. I spend my days mostly at the libraries, there’s about 7 or so here in Charlotte, and the coffee shop reading and studying or thinking and meditating.

I’m keeping a blog to journal some of my experiences and travels in life and to show some of my photography. I hope you don’t mind that I post this letter to you there. It’s helping me to cope with the changes I’m going through right now.

So many things are changing in our country right now. I bet you’ll never guess who’s running for President. Donald J. Trump! He’s doing very well in the polls, not surprisingly. He’s ringing the Republicans’ bell and it’s resonating throughout my generation. I thought you’d like to know how your secret crush, Don John, is doing.

Molly’s doing well although she’s is not currently in my care, though I hope to have her back soon. A very nice family offered to keep her for a while as I attempt to get my feet under me here in Charlotte. She’s been a huge comfort in your absence and I don’t think I would be doing as well without her companionship. I miss her a lot.

I don’t talk to my Dad much anymore. I just don’t know what to say or how to talk to him anymore. I don’t have to tell you that I still Love him very much. I just feel like it’s best for everyone right now.

I know that you have forgiven me for all the things I’ve done that were unbecoming of me. I’ve grown a lot and want you to know that your faith in me and Jason was never misplaced. Jason is a very good man and father, brother and friend. Without him I don’t know how I would cope.

Mom, I never got a chance to tell you in the end what a wonderful Mother you were to me. You were my best friend. Thank you. I miss you and I Love you.


Your friend and son,
Michael

P.S. Please say hi to Aunt Peggy for us, and let her know that we miss and Love her too.

Image from Google images.
No copyright infringement intended.
email me for credit.




No comments:

Post a Comment