Saturday, June 2, 2018

Oh No! Not again!?


Slippery slopes!

If you have ever stood in line to obtain a government ID, then you undoubtedly understand the frustration of the process, or processes, involved. For those of you who are not familiar, please allow me to "hip" you to some of the issues involved.

We (The many states of The United States of America), as a democratized society, are creating systems and programs that allow states to capture, and essentially take voters hostage by requiring citizens moving from one locale to another to re-establish residency by obtaining new state specific ID as well as having to move their existing Medicaid services, as well as other services, including re-registering to vote, from one state to the next. Keep in mind that none of these processes are automatic. The "client(s)" must discontinue their services in one locale to be able to re-establish them in another state.

I recently relocated to Colorado Springs, Colorado from DC, where I had recently moved from Charlotte, North Carolina, where my current state drivers licence is issued. I lost my drivers licence while in Colorado Springs, so a couple of weeks ago I got around to ordering a new one from the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicle. I have yet to receive it. I doubt I will.

I didn't realize how small this place was, in the scope of the world, until just recently, so I'm on my way to bigger things and bigger places with hopefully "bigger" people.

Unfortunately we live in a modern world society where even terrorism by religious radicals and their one-sided beliefs can be democratized. Like voting on someones right or eligibility to have sex or procreate. Or, whether they will receive their mail from one day to the next.

In the spirit of the words of one of the most impressionable Presidents of my lifetime to the Soviet Union, President Ronald Wilson Regan: 116th Congress of the Untied States of America, Tear down these virtual walls! Please allow us to enable our future iterations the rights and privileges that you all, as pioneers, enjoyed having. An open canvas in which to create a more free and open society.

Michael Champion
77.198.226

No comments:

Post a Comment